A Skilled Defense Against White Collar Crime Charges
In this day and age of corporate scandals, legislation to regulate business practices, and rising shareholder activism, company leaders are coming under increasingly harsh scrutiny. As a result, the need for a white collar defense lawyer to provide a proactive and vigorous defense has consequently become essential.
Learning the facts, locating and preserving relevant documents, and presenting the matter cogently and persuasively to decision-makers can often make the difference between a successful outcome and a prison sentence.
The Many Facets Of White Collar Crime Defense
Representation in white collar matters can fall under different areas:
- Representing a client before a grand jury and during an investigation by federal or state prosecutors.
- Appearing before agencies and disciplinary bodies for quasi-criminal matters.
- Counseling clients in connection with administrative investigations and any related civil fraud or monetary penalty action.
- Conducting corporate internal investigations to help clients avoid pitfalls concerning attorney-client relationship and work product privilege issues.
The types of white collar crime that are investigated and prosecuted can include but are not limited to:
- Accounting fraud
- Bank embezzlement
- Bank fraud
- Complex financial fraud
- Embezzlement and internal fraud
- False claim/qui tam actions
- Health care fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Money laundering
- Official misconduct
- RICO violations
- Securities fraud
- Tax fraud
You do not need to be high up on the corporate ladder to need a white collar attorney. Employees called to appear as witnesses in white collar investigations also need capable representation to avoid being charged with a crime themselves.
Work With A Seasoned Defense Lawyer Who Understands The Complexities Of White Collar Charges
With so much at stake, you need a solid defense attorney. You can rely on me, James F. Bogen, Attorney at Law. I have 20-plus years of experience defending clients in state and federal courts throughout the Cincinnati area.
To get in touch, send me an email or call my Cell at 513-503-7251